Best OFFICE HYSTEROSCOPY Suregery in Goregaon, Mumbai
WHAT IS OFFICE HYSTEROSCOPY
Office hysteroscopy is a procedure where your gynecologist uses a very slender about 3mm diameter hysteroscope; which is almost half the size of a normal-sized hysteroscope; fitted to a high definition camera and a monitor to look inside your uterus.
ADVANTAGES AND BENEFITS OF OFFICE HYSTEROSCOPE
- Fast and accurate diagnosis on OPD base
- The overall cost will be less as there are no expenses involved for the anesthesia and admission.
- It is best suited for patients in whom anesthesia is risky due to any medical conditions.
- Faster mobilization as the patients can go back to home within half an hour of getting it done.
INDICATIONS OF OFFICE HYSTEROSCOPY
- Abnormal menstruation or abnormal uterine bleeding ( AUB);
- when you are more than 45 yrs
- Bleeding following sexual intercourse
- Presence of fibroids; polyps or any other pathology
- Intermenstrual bleeding
- Heavy menstruation
- Bleeding after menopause
- Recurrent miscarriages
- women who are taking tablet tamoxifen for breast cancer.
- Adhesions inside the uterus or Asherman s syndrome Congenital uterine anomal.
CONTRAINDICATIONS OF OFFICE HYSTEROSCOPY
WHEN TO NOT DO OFFICE HYSTEROSCOPY
- Infection in the pelvis
- Cervical cancer
- Presence of heavy bleeding.
PREPARATION FOR OFFICE HYSTEROSCOPY
- Schedule your appointment 7 days after the menstrual period; this is the ideal time.
- Once inside the clinic; your blood pressure; pulse rate and temperature will be checked. .
- As such there are no specific preparations. It is an outpatient procedure
PROCEDURE OF OFFICE HYSTEROSCOPY
Office hysteroscopy takes 5 to 10 min to get over. And anesthesia is not required for this procedure.
- You will be made comfortable in the doctor’s room.
- Your vitals like a pulse; blood pressure and oxygen levels will be measured.
- A speculum is inserted inside the vagina which is then cleaned with an antiseptic solution.
- A thin hysteroscope called the office hysteroscope which is fitted to a high definition camera and monitor; is inserted after the uterus is distended with normal saline.
- If you wish; you can watch your hysteroscopy on the monitor as well.
- Your gynecologist will thoroughly assess the uterus and if any lesions like a polyp or a fibroid are found; they can be removed in the same sitting.
FAQ OF OFFICE HYSTERECTOMY
Q: WHY IS OFFICE HYSTEROSCOPY DONE?
A: Office Hysteroscopy is done to evaluate the uterus in case of infertility or recurrent abortions; to find the cause of abnormal uterine bleeding or to remove the uterine septum; adhesions or fibroid.
Q: HOW MUCH TIME DOES OFFICE HYSTEROSCOPY TAKE?
A: Office hysteroscopy takes 10 to 15 minutes and it may extend by a few more minutes if any procedure is to be performed like the removal of a myoma or septum.
Q: CAN HYSTEROSCOPY BE DONE WITHOUT ANESTHESIA?
A: As the name suggests; office hysteroscopy can be done inside the office as it is done without general anesthesia as the hysteroscope which is used to do it is very thin and slender and easy to introduce inside the uterus.
Q: WHAT KIND OF EQUIPMENT IS USED TO DO OFFICE HYSTEROSCOPY?
A: A slender hysteroscope called an office hysteroscopy; HD camera; monitor and recording software are the equipment used for office hysteroscopy.
Q: WHAT IS THE COST OF OFFICE HYSTEROSCOPY IN INDIA?
A: The cost of office hysteroscopy ranges from 15000 to 30000.