Advance & safe HYSTEROSCOPIC SEPTAL RESECTION in Goregoan, Mumbai
What is HYSTEROSCOPIC SEPTAL RESECTION
Septate uterus is an important cause of miscarriages and is easily diagnosable by routine ultrasound. Septal resection done by hysteroscopy is a daycare procedure to improve pregnancy outcomes.
“CPT code for Hysteroscopic septal resection – 58560″
INDICATIONS OF HYSTEROSCOPIC SEPTAL RESECTION
- Any woman who is diagnosed to have a septate uterus and is planning pregnancy
- History of miscarriage(s)
- You will be asked to carry all your investigation reports which include your complete blood count; liver , thyroid; kidney function tests and other preoperative tests, and the x-ray chest.
- You will be asked to stop the medications like estrogen-containing medicines a month prior to surgery and also blood thinners like aspirin at least a week prior to surgery.
At the same time you will be asked to continue your thyroid; blood pressure and diabetes medications.
- You will be asked to report any signs of illness in case you have it prior to surgery.
PROCEDURE OF HYSTEROSCOPIC SEPTAL RESECTION
- This procedure is done under general anesthesia in the operating room.
- Your gynecologist will distend your uterus with normal saline
- The whole uterine cavity is visualized; the septum is located and is cut using hysteroscopic scissors. If the septum is too thick; an electric current may be used.
Post Operative Period
You will be in the recovery room for 2 hrs after you wake up from anesthesia. You may feel sleepy for the next few hours after which you will be shifted to your room.
You may have some discomfort in the area or you may feel tired for a few days after the procedure but with each passing day, you feel better.
Contact your doctor immediately if the pain does not go away or if it is associated with nausea and vomiting or any other problems.
RECOVERY AND DISCHARGE AFTER HYSTEROSCOPIC SEPTAL RESECTION
You will be asked to start taking clear liquids 2 hrs after the surgery followed by a light diet. You may be asked to walk around after 2 hrs.
Once your doctor is sure that you have recovered well after the procedure; you will be discharged the same done.
COMPLICATIONS OF HYSTEROSCOPIC SEPTAL RESECTION
As with any surgical procedure, there are associated risks and complications which include:
- Problems of anesthesia
- Injury to internal organs
- Bleeding and infection
Q: WHAT IS HYSTEROSCOPIC SEPTAL RESECTION?
A: Some women have a septum or a fibrous band inside the uterine cavity that is responsible for abortions or recurrent miscarriages. This septum can be excised using a Hysteroscope. It is called hysteroscopic septal resection.
Q: HOW LONG DOES UTERINE SEPTUM SURGERY TAKE?
A: Uterine septum surgery using hysteroscopy takes 7 to 8 minutes.
Q: CAN YOU GET PREGNANT WITH THE UTERINE SEPTUM?
A: Yes, it is possible to get pregnant with a uterine septum but the chances of abortion or miscarriage are high.
Q: HOW DO I GET RID OF MY UTERINE SEPTUM?
A: Uterine septum can be treated only by surgical excision. There are no medicines to dissolve that.
Q: WHAT ARE THE CHANCES OF UTERINE SEPTUM RESECTION PREGNANCY?
A: The chances of successful pregnancy till the term are very high after septal resection.
Q: HOW IS THE RECOVERY AFTER UTERINE SEPTUM RESECTION?
A: You can be discharged the same day after septum resection surgery and resume your daily activities from the very next day.
Q: WILL MY SYMPTOMS IMPROVE AFTER HYSTEROSCOPIC SEPTUM RESECTION SURGERY?
A: Usually uterine septum does not cause symptoms but is responsible for abortions and recurrent miscarriages. This will definitely be taken care of by hysteroscopic septum resection surgery.
Q: HOW MUCH IS THE COST OF UTERINE SEPTUM RESECTION?
A: Uterine septum resection surgery cost ranges from 20000 to 60000.
Hysteroscopic septal resection; MUMBAI
Dr. Mrs. Dimple Doshi is a lady gynecologist; practicing at Vardaan Hospital situated in Goregaon West; Mumbai. We have a range of packages for Hysteroscopic septal resection depending on the type of room you select.
Economy ward/ general room : 50,000
Semi special room: 68000 to 75000
Deluxe Room: 1.2 lacs
Super deluxe room: 1.5 lacs
Suit rooms: 2 lacs