With Advanced and safe Cystocele repair Surgery placed the Bladder back to the normal position.
Cystocele repair; also known as anterior colporrhaphy in medical terms; may be done with or without mesh placement. It is called anterior or front as the urinary bladder is in front of the vagina.
Before the Procedure
- You will be asked not to drink or eat at least 6 hours before the surgery.
- Your detailed history including that of anymedicines you are taking; allergies; surgeries or any illnesses.
Anesthesia: Usually regional; local or general may be used.
Procedure: The vagina is opened by putting an incision. The vaginal skin is separeated from the underlying fascia.he defect is sutured . Excess vaginal skin is removed and incision is closed with absorbable stiches.
Post Operative Care
You will be asked to avoid lifting heavy weights; long periods of standing; sexual intercourse and eessive straining with bowel movements.
Complications of Cystocele Repair
- Anesthesia related complications
- Damage to surrounding structures like urethra; bladder
- Bladder spasms and irritable bladder
- Urine leakage into the vagina or fistula